Life usually doesn’t fit into nice neat little lists, but that doesn’t keep me from trying. Welcome to my Tuesday 10, where I try to fit the messiness of life into a list of ten.
Here are ten insights into money management from yours truly. This isn’t an all inclusive list and you may already be well on your way to wise stewarding and living; but trust me–if you’re not already using these ten things–they will help.
1. Make a realistic budget and live by it.
2. Learn how to cook and eat at home more than you eat out.
3. Stay away from Starbucks, except on rare occasions.
4. Don’t get caught up in fashion fads and trends.
5. Don’t pay your bills late, ever.
6. Learn the difference between “want” and “need”.
7. Tithe to your church.
8. Be generous, but practical.
9. Repeat after me, “Credit Cards are bad. Credit Cards are bad. Credit Cards are bad.”
10. Student loans aren’t free money, neither are scholarships.