Life usually doesn’t fit into nice neat little lists, but that doesn’t keep me from trying. Welcome to my Tuesday 10, where I try to fit the messiness of life into a list of ten.
Today I’m taking a look at the fifteenth chapter of the Gospel of Luke. It’s an incredibly interesting bit where Jesus shares three parables with a mixed crowd of both “sinners” and the religious Pharisees.
1. v2 The religious people thought Jesus fraternizing with the “lost” was scandalous.
2. v7, 9, & 10 Heaven rejoices over the salvation of the lost, and so should we.
3. v13 Just because we have it, doesn’t mean we should spend it.
4. v14 Don’t waste it, you might need it.
5. v17-19 Your journey to forgiveness starts with your realization that you need forgiving.
6. v20 The Father welcomes back the lost without condition.
7. v21 Confession is important.
8. v22-24 Nothing but sonship will do. God doesn’t make us servants. He makes us family.
9. v25-27 Don’t be so caught up in your works that you miss God working.
10. v28-31 Stop trying to earn what the Father already gave you.