Life usually doesn’t fit into nice neat little lists, but that doesn’t keep me from trying. Welcome to my Tuesday 10, where I try to fit the messiness of life into a list of ten.
Social media is dominant in our society. Facebook is quickly approaching the 1 billion accounts mark. Most of us use it and love it, but not everything is great. Some things people do or say on social media are just incredibly annoying. Here’s my take on ten of the things that annoy me most about social media.
1. Profile pics: The “Bathroom Mirror self portrait.” Really?!? The “This is my cute kid, but not me,” “This is my favorite sports team,” and “this is my political affiliation” profile pics. No, it’s supposed to be a picture of you. Use your cover pic for the rest of that crap. Actually, no, don’t do that either please.
2. Facebook social game apps.
3. People who cry every time there is an update or change. Seriously guys, timeline is not the end of the world.
4. People that try to be clever, and fail in a way that’s not funny enough for the rest of us to laugh about.
6. Shared accounts. Please, please, please, MrandMrs Sharedaccount, just stop. We all know it’s really Mrs that does all the posting anyways. It’s kind of confusing and weird. When Jesus said you would leave your mother and father and become one flesh I’m pretty sure he didn’t have Facebook in mind.
7. My Space, LinkedIn, and Google +.
8. Slutty Twitter whores that unexpectedly follow you and tweet random virus riddled links with your name in them.
9. People who comment on trending topics just to show up in the feed. Even worse, people who double dip by putting multiple trending topics in one statement.
10. People who actually think online drama is real and then threaten to delete their Social Media accounts in order to gain attention. This really is the “grown up” version of running away.