Life usually doesn’t fit into nice neat little lists, but that doesn’t keep me from trying. Welcome to my Tuesday 10, where I try to fit the messiness of life into a list of ten.
This is definitely not an all inclusive list, but if you’re looking to improve at something, here are ten tips to get you moving in the right direction–and if you’re not looking to improve at something then please stop doing it.
1. Want to do it well.
2. Find someone that already does it well, and learn as much as you can from them.
4. Be honest with yourself.
5. Submit your work to others for critiquing.
6. Know the difference between positive and negative criticism.
7. Acquire tools that will help you succeed.
9. Understand that practice makes permanent. In other words, if you continually practice something a certain way…then you will keep doing it the same way.
10. Accept that there is always room for improvement, perfection is rarely attainable.