Life usually doesn’t fit into nice neat little lists, but that doesn’t keep me from trying. Welcome to my Tuesday 10, where I try to fit the messiness of life into a list of ten.
It’s not all that uncommon to hear someone bemoan their life. I feel like a pretty blessed guy so I thought I would share why I feel that way. Thanks for checking out the blog!
1. I have a beautiful baby boy. He’s twelve weeks old as of yesterday.
2. I have an incredible wife, she is absolutely the love of my life, and our marriage is very healthy.
3. I love my job. It’s not perfect, and I’m not wealthy, but it enables me to live out my calling, and get paid doing it; and at the of the day I usually feel pretty satisfied knowing I’m living for a purpose bigger than my own greed or selfishness.
4. I own my own copy of the Bible.
5. I’m self aware, not like a deranged robot from cheesy sci-fi, but I have a pretty good take on who I am. I try to regularly evaluate myself, and invite people close to me do the same. If something needs to change, I make an effort to change.
6. I can read.
7. I grew up in a nuclear family. My parents weren’t, and aren’t, perfect, but they are pretty close. They are the most selfless-tender-hearted people I have ever met.
8. I learned both; the power of imagination, and the worth of critical thinking at an early age, and then I started using them.
9. I am blessed with some incredible friends–guys that I am so close to, they feel like family.
10. Probably the most important reason why I feel blessed is not because I am good but because God is good. I haven’t hit on the magic formula for how much money to put in the offering. I haven’t figured out the number of good deeds I have to do in a day. In fact I really have no idea why I feel so blessed. All I know is it must have something to do with the goodness of God and very little to do with me.