Life usually doesn’t fit into nice neat little lists, but that doesn’t keep me from trying. Welcome to my Tuesday 10, where I try to fit the messiness of life into a list of ten.
If your life is anything like mine it is probably hectic and messy. And it runs the risk only of getting messier. Here are ten ways to simplify life.
1. Don’t buy everything you want.
2. Realize that if you take on a new hobby, interest, or commitment you’ll probably have to drop a different one.
3. Tell the truth, even when it sucks.
4. Love people to a fault.
5. Trust your gut.
6. Pay off and cancel your credit cards.
7. If you don’t use it, or need it, give it away, or throw it away.
8. Say no often, and mean it.
9. Don’t procrastinate.
10. Realize that some things we see as choices are really not choices at all. They are just humanity’s way of trying to rationalize our own selfishness.