2014 Is Over. The last year of our lives has been a roller coaster of awesome. As we get ready to ring in the New Year with family and friends I thought I’d jump on the ol’ blog to share a brief summary of some of what stuck out for the Kings over the last 12 months.
1. Life will always be crazy. Just when you think you have a handle on the wild ride and adjust to the new normal, it all changes again.
2. Enjoy the crazy life. If you don’t enjoy your crazy life, we’ll be honest with yourself, it’s the only one you have, and are ever going to have. Make the most of it. Cherish the awesome. Learn from the not-so-awesome.
3. Money is just money. Make it. Spend it. Save it. Give it. But certainly try not to love it, or even like it.
4. We are just one breath away from heaven’s gate. It’s been a long time since I was reminded of this truth in such a personal way. Make all of your breaths between this one and that one mean something special to those around you.
5. Nothing worth doing comes without work. That doesn’t mean it always has to be hard work, but chances are, if something is actually worth the attempt it will require effort, time, and maybe even a little personal sacrifice.
6. Better not bigger. You don’t necessarily need to make something bigger to feel fulfilled. Start by making it better.
7. Hard things are better with friends. Whether you’re camping out on a sidewalk at midnight outside of a Guatemalan hospital or talking the loss of a loved one through with your mentor, hard things are softened by the company of people who love you.
So long 2014. You were pretty good to us, but we are really excited about 2015.